22/12/2015 0 Comments
Tips for an Outdoor Reunion with the Family
Tips for a great outdoor reunion
Are you celebrating an anniversary? Do you want to bring the whole family together? With summer around the corner, choose outdoors! An outdoor reunion is fun, simple and memorable.
A successful family reunion needs to be easy, accessible and cost-effective. It is important that everyone enjoys their time together at a party.
Here are our outdoor party tips for an enjoyable gathering with your loved ones.
Choose the right location
Your family deserves to celebrate in a way that is versatile and comfortable. Have you thought about where you want to go? Here are some factors to consider:
- Smooth terrain: Choose a park with even land so everyone can join in on the fun. Bumpy ground is inconvenient and unwanted. Choose a space that has a flat ground so that it is accessible to your youngest and oldest guests.
- Large space: No one likes being crammed into a small area. Select an outdoor space that is cozy but large enough for different activities.
- Affordable: Parks and open lands are the best bets for inexpensive parties. It is easy to bring your own food and set up activities for the whole family.
- Minimal mess: Don’t want to have to clean up the house? No problem! An outdoor party in a park reduces unneeded stress to get the house tidy on time.
Not sure how to plan a large outdoor party? Here are a few tips to ensure your family reunion goes off without a hitch.
- Delegate tasks: Planning a family party is no easy feat. Designate responsibilities to different members of the family. Remember that many hands make light work.
- Form a guest list: It is important to know who is coming to this party and who cannot make it. Keep track of your numbers by organizing a guest list.
- Book portable bathroom rentals: Outdoor family reunions require accessible facilities. Most parks don’t provide bathrooms or even wheelchair accessible toilets. It is important to rent enough porta potties based on the number of guests and the length of your event.
- Create a budget: Having a budget ensures that the family party doesn’t get out of hand. How much can you spend on decorations, food and activities?
- Plan activities: This is a great way to bond. Icebreakers and treasure hunts can work for large family outdoor parties. Don’t forget to plan fun games for the children!
- Arrange food and refreshments: Every family party needs food, drinks and desserts. Ask guests about dietary restrictions or allergies beforehand so that everyone can eat.
Choose a location and organize the party beforehand for a great family reunion. Pitton Plumbing and Heating understands the need for unforgettable, fun and seamless outdoor parties.